Daughters of Allen


Seated Left to Right: Sis. Yvonne Morris, Sis. Ora Wilson, Sis. Bertha Mallard, Sis. Anita Thorton

Standing Left to Right: Sis. Jessyl A.Thomas, Sis. Matey Prestidge, Sis. Bobbie Cortez

Not Pictured: Sis. Beverly Ayoma, Sis. Genia M. Jenkins, Sis. Ernestine Moffett

The Daughters of Allen is an organization composed of female members of Historic Allen Chapel A.M.E. Church. The first inception was under the pastorate of Rev. H. S. Sims, no records have been indicated since the Rev. Prince F. Jackson's term of ministry in 1953. The Daughters had a new beginning in November 1975 in the service of Rev. O. Thomas Austin. Mrs. Verdene Austin was instrumental in helping with the organization by sending letters to ladies of the Church, those who were interested in joining did so by sending an immediate response to the organization. The Daughters were and still are a helping organization, however since June 2008, the Daughters have sponsored Family and Friends Day, which has been very productive.

This site is dedicated in the memory of our deceased sisters:

Sis. Allene Jones

July 23, 1933 - June 23, 2015

 

Sis. Irene Frierson

Sis. Rosie Johnson

Sis. Mary Standifer

Sis. Hattie Wheat

 

 

Copyright 2015 Historic Allen Chapel A.M.E. Church. All rights reserved